Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), we are referring to La Fuente Ltd. We are located in Auckland and service customers around New Zealand.
We are an independent owner operated wine and mezcal bar and shop, serving Mexican-style food.
How we collect your data
We use a secure Internet server. Secure mode allows you to pass securely encrypted data over the Internet. Firefox, Mozilla, Microsoft Internet Explorer and other popular browsers all support secure mode.
You can enter your credit card number on a secure form and transmit the form over the Internet to a secure server without risk of an intermediary obtaining your credit card information.
All credit card details sent to us are stored securely in our non-networked customer database and are not revealed to any other parties.
When you use our website or services, your personal data is collected in the following ways:
- Information you manually enter on our website or forms. For example, when purchasing product or leaving your contact details, or if you follow our social media channels. If you don’t want to provide this data, you don’t have to. However, this might limit the services we are able to offer you.
- Automatic Information collection: Some information we collect happens automatically as an outcome of you visiting our website or using or services. This is information like IP adress, device type, session time etc. We also track your behaviour on our websites and services (like Electronic Direct Mail) which shows us the pages you view and the route you take to get there. This data helps us to understand your useage of our website and services, and assists us in tailoring the user experience to (hopefully!) be better for you. Some of this information is tracked using tracking technologies like cookies.
- Third party information: we don’t buy data. Any information we source which is supplementary to what you provide us is collected from publicly available information repositories. We collect and use this information to better understand your needs and improve our service.
If we collect personal data, we use it in the following instances:
- To engage in a fulfilling an order for you and honour our requirements.
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or in accordance with a legal obligation, or where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, our services that we are able to offer you may be limited.
If you don’t have a current (or historical) relationship with us and you feel you have had your details acquired without your permission, please let us know and we will remove your data.
How we use your data
We use your personal information to better tailor our website and services, and to maintain our relationship with you. This includes:
- Using the information we have to communicate with you, via email, phone or in person.
- Improving our service offering and products.
- Guarding against security breaches by ensuring personal information is authenticated.
How we share your data
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties in the following instances;
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements)
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
We encrypt traffic to and from our website using SHA-256 with RSA Encryption. We do not store credit card details on-site; we use a tokenised payment system and credit card details are stored securely off-site by our 3rd-party payment gateway provider eWAY.
La Fuente Ltd may also place cookies on your computer. These are only accessible by us and will only be used to track the pages of the web site visited by you, in order for us to build a better site more tailored to your needs and interests. Our cookies do not record personal information about you, merely your computer.
If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, we will from time to time email you with news and information. This service is completely discretionary. If you decide you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the email.
In addition to our safeguards your personal data is protected in New Zealand by the Privacy Act. This provides, amongst other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies. We treat all the data held with the utmost care and security. Any details you give will remain completely confidential.
You also have rights to:
- Understand what personal data of yours we hold – and to ensure it is accurate.
- Request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to limit, or delete/remove what we have.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
Minors under the age of 18 years are prohibited from making purchases, including subscriptions, on the Service.
Ownership of Site
This Site is owned and operated by La Fuente Ltd. All of the content included on this Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, and software is the property of The Website Owner or its suppliers and protected by New Zealand and international copyright laws.